Senior HR Advisor / Consultant
About Us and our Clients
Every SME deserves the chance to grow and flourish. But sometimes HR and employment law can hold them back. We help SMEs by creating practical solutions and giving expert support so they have solid HR foundations and can make HR decisions with confidence.
When you join Practical HR, you are signing up to help UK SME businesses be better employers and be more successful. You are also joining a team who are resourceful, dedicated and customer focused.
We have also embraced technology to help deliver effective HR solutions. Our unique HR Platform, YourHR.space allows us to manage our clients HR documentation remotely so we can guarantee they are always up to date. The system also improves communication, employee engagement and streamlines HR administration.
We are looking for a commercially focused HR professional to join our consultancy team. You will need to have excellent employment law knowledge, along with experience of dealing with multiple HR issues / and complex employee relating cases.
- Have a minimum of 5 years HR experience with 3 years in an advisory, business partner or consultancy role (or similar).
- Have an excellent knowledge of employment law and experience applying this to real situations.
- Have excellent customer services / client relationship skills.
- Experience working with SMEs (small to medium sized enterprises).
- Be willing to learn and expand your knowledge and skills
- Be organised, computer literate, able to draft letters and policy documents and other HR documentation.
- Have a full driving licence as you will be required to travel to clients (mainly Essex and London)
It would be beneficial to have:
- Specific experience of Employment Tribunal work and/or TUPE
- Experience of working with computerised personnel systems
- Experience or interest in training and development
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to join a growing HR consultancy where you can develop your knowledge and skills
- An opportunity to make a real contribution and to make a difference
- To work with a team of HR experts who always have the client’s best interest at heat.
- An opportunity to advance and progress
Location: Southend on Sea, Essex (Great Wakering)
Working Pattern: full Time. Office hours Monday to Friday 9 – 5.30, but there may be a need to work outside of these hours on occasions.
Salary: £30-40k (+ bonus) depending on knowledge, skills and experience
How to apply:
In the first instance please send your CV to email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will initially be invited to take part in an initial telephone conversation with Jerry Gordon Brown, which may progress to a more formal telephone interview.