Making HR Digital – Your Employee Handbooks
Everything is going digital because its more efficient, more convenient, more secure and more reliable.
HR should be no different and there are many areas where organisations can benefit from making HR digital.
But HR is about people, so you cannot make every aspect of HR digital. But you can use technology to manage some of the day to day administration and even communication. You can also combine traditional HR consultancy with technology to deliver some HR solutions that will save time and money, and provide better protection to the organisation and ensure HR compliance.
In our series of articles – making HR digital – we will look at some of the key areas where making HR digital can benefit both the organisation and employees.
Digital Employee Handbook Software
Everything is going digital! Everywhere you look, paper-based systems are being replaced by digital solutions – from shopping, tax to benefit claims.
HR should be no different and, in this article, we look at the benefits of having a digital Employee Handbook.
The problem with the traditional paper/printed Employee Handbooks is that they are often out of date by the time they are printed (or very soon afterwards), they are costly to produce, and it is time consuming and an administrative nightmare to keep them up to date.
How can an online Employee Handbook help?
- Easily updated – with your Employee Handbook information in one place you only have to update once, there is no need to arrange print runs, distribute handbooks etc. Saving time and money.
- Easy access – accessing information on line has never been easier. It’s not just about PC’s but smart phones and tablets. An online Employee Handbook therefore gives your employees the flexibility to look for the information they require as and when they need to. This improves access and communication.
- Notification of changes – any changes can be easily communicated, keeping employees fully informed and ensuring you have an audit trail. This improves communication and ensures you can evidence updates and therefore ‘rely’ on any changes.
- Searchable content – search facilities mean that employees can find what they want, when they want. Helping with communication and saving time!
- Self Service – Having a central reference point for HR information allows employees to find the information they need without ongoing interruption and questions to their manager. Saving time.
These are just a few of the reasons we developed YourHR.space. We also draft and maintain all the content, so you don’t have to. You can sit back knowing that you are always up to date and changes are communicated.
Our unique HR Platform that combines HR consultancy with technology to solve your HR compliance and communication problem.
YourHR.space is one of the top 5 HR platforms for small businesses according to SME Technology Guide – https://www.smetechnologyguide.com/managing-it/top-hr-platforms-for-small-businesses/
Take a look at the demonstration video for more information www.yourhr.space/video.